Monday 9 August 2010

Never have I cringed so much in the space of 5 minutes... - 9 August '10

I look forward to Thursday nights nowadays. Basically because I love NXT. I think it was a good move by the WWE to ditch a show that was a shadow of it's former self, and bring in some new talent.


Although when you bring in new talent, I thought the idea was to push them, to show off their skills and abilities. But WWE seem to be doing the exact opposite. Instead of filling a show with excellent wrestling matches, they choose to have kissing contests (Never have I cringed so much in the space of 5 minutes). Instead of pushing the rookies, they make them look bad in ridiculous talk-offs. When they eventually get around to the matches, they are brilliant! They may think the challenges are entertaining, but I find them embarrassing. If Bret Hart had been in NXT when he first started, he would have been humiliated when asked to cut a promo on something totally irrelevant. Think about if the Great Khali had been asked to do an obstacle course, he wouldn't have got around it in the time the show was being taped.


However much I moan about it, I think that NXT is something different from the same old RAW and Smackdown shows (Even though RAW and SD have been getting so much better over the past few months). It gives you a glimpse into the future of the WWE (and it gets Zack Ryder on TV every week). Imagine, no NXT, no Nexus, no best storyline in WWE for years.

On a lighter note, how much does Alex Riley look like the Miz? And act like the Miz?


And please, no more kissing contests. I'd like to keep my dinner down next time... (I'm talking to you Michael McGillicutty.)

R x (Oh, and congratulations Jeff and Beth!)





Woo Woo Woo. You Know It.

No comments:

Post a Comment