Tuesday 28 December 2010

2010, what went wrong?- 29th December '10

1. This post is just for fun.
2. I, like most wrestling fans, am on the outside looking in and don't really have a clue how hard it is to run a wrestling company.
3. I love both of these companies, regardless of what I say.



Let me start with TNA. The question is where do I start? This year they tried and failed to restart the 'Monday Night Wars', got themselves into more debt and made a few bad decisions.


The hiring of Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair is the biggest problem for me. Most fans watched TNA as an alternative to the larger than life shows that WWE put on. TNA has some of the best wrestlers I have seen in a long time, yet they choose to show an hour of Immortal before they put on a match. This makes no sense. Some of the only things that TNA had as a weapon against the WWE were the fresh talent and phenomenal wrestling, they seem to have replaced this with retired veterans and pointless non-wrestling segments.


Another thing that infuriates me slightly is the Knockouts division. It has got marginally better with the addition of Mickie James and her feud with Tara but the only original Knockouts I actually like are Madison Rayne and Sarita. They need to get rid of the Knockouts tag titles that mean nothing and book their ideas up a bit.


Oh yeah, one more thing: I'd like to see a lot less of Dixie Carter's face. Thanks.



Although WWE have been the more dominant company as usual, they are not free of flaws.

Over the past year WWE have not used their tag teams to their full potential. They did have a good patch, with the Hart Dynasty, The Dudebusters and The Gatecrashers being pushed on the main shows. All of these teams have now been broken up and WWE are pushing Santino & Koslov and Gabriel & Slater over actual tag teams. In fact, on a RAW there were 3 tag team matches with only 1 actual tag team in them. Hopefully next year the tag team division will grow stronger. (I'm hoping for a Trent Barretta and Curt Hawkins team to appear.)


Not pushing Zack Ryder is another bad decision. I know we may be biased because he is one of our favourites but I'm starting to think that the man has done something wrong. He is underrated in every sense of the word. He would be a brilliant US, Tag Team or Intercontinental champion and has a pretty large fanbase considering how little he is shown on TV. I hope WWE sees how much use they could get out of not just Ryder but all their young superstars.

R x

Woo Woo Woo. You Know It.

No comments:

Post a Comment